There are possibilities for you to complete a project of your own for St. Vincent De Paul. Perhaps your school, business or church is looking for a service project. Perhaps you need a service project for your scouting troop or Junior Achievement. There are a few ideas listed here. If you have an idea that is not listed here, please contact us and we will surely work with you. We can help with flyers and pick ups of large donations of food drives.
All individual and group projects should be discussed with us before you begin. You may contact Maria Fetock or Jody to get started.
Food Drives are one of our biggest contributions from organizations.
- Conduct a food drive at church.
- Conduct a food drive at school.
- Hand out flyers at a grocery store asking for people to buy certain items as they shop and donate them on their way out of the store.
- Pass out grocery bags at your church service to be returned the following Sunday filled with food.
- Ask local businesses to put a box for food donations in their store.
- Ask local businesses to put a box for personal hygiene donations in their store.
- If someone is unable to bring food, have a collection site (previously determined) to accept monetary donations.
- Ask local businesses to donate a set amount of turkeys for Thanksgiving.
- Ask local schools to collect money to buy a set amount of hams for Christmas.
- Ask your family and friends to bring canned goods to your birthday party. Remember, no Food Drive is too small!
Have a coat collection at school of gently used coats to be given to the poor and homeless.
Ask your work or organization if you could place a donation jar in a visible location for contributions to benefit St. Vincent De Paul.
Have a school class sponsor a hat, scarf and glove drive for St. Vincent De Paul to distribute to the homeless.
Have a school class or a Youth Group sponsor a “Socks of Love” project to provide the homeless with needed items. (Google “Socks of Love”)
Sponsor a walk for proceeds to be given to St. Vincent De Paul expressly to be used for the poor, or for the Food Pantry, or for the homeless, Hear Fayette, or Utility Assistance.
Have a bake sale and donate the proceeds to St. Vincent De Paul.
Inform your customers you are donating your tips (or part of them) for the day to benefit the Homeless, or the Food Pantry, or a specific purpose at St. Vincent De Paul.