Position Title: Custodial / General Maintenance
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Description: The Custodian is responsible for cleaning, general maintenance, trash removal and maintaining a neat and orderly campus.
1. Vacuum, sweep, mop and scrub floors.
2. Use light floor machines and attachments.
3. Clean and dust furniture and clothing racks.
4. Wash and/or clean interior wall spaces by hand, working on ladders as required.
5. Hourly, clean, sanitize and service rest rooms.
6. Clean and service cigarette containers.
7. Clean and maintain kitchen and furnace room.
8. Perform general and extensive cleaning and sanitation of all areas of the building, as directed.
9. Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas and parking lot.
10. Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders.
11. Remove garbage, cardboard and recycling daily and prepare for weekly pick-up. Replace liners.
12. Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
13. Use appropriate signage at all time.
14. Any other duties as assigned.
Duties: General Maintenance
1. Change light bulbs / ballast and HVAC filters.
2. Basic carpentry and plumbing.
3. Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture lights, faucets, etc.)
4. Sweep or shovel snow and salt building entrances and sidewalks.
Skills / Qualifications:
1. 2+ years custodial experience preferred.
2. Ability to work well under minimal supervision, willingness to take direction, and strong attention to detail.
3. Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary.
4. Knowledge of and experience with hand and power tools.
5. Knowledge of proper use and disposal of cleaning materials.
6. Maintain supplies and equipment in an orderly and organized manner.
7. Ability to be flexible and perform as an effective, positive team member reflective of the SVdP mission.
Time Requirement: 18 hours per week, 3 days per week, Monday through Saturday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm unless otherwise approved by Director of Operations.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Uniontown Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications: Accepted until Monday, June 1, 2020.
Send message of interest with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to above address.