Position Title: Bookkeeping Office Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Description: The Bookkeeping Office Coordinator is responsible for overseeing of the day-to-day financial operations of the Uniontown Conference and coordinating the bookkeeping staff in order to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Duties: Financial Operations
- Create or oversee the preparation of all financial reports or documents, including preparation of annual filings, SVdP conference, store and special works reports, analyze data requests and prepare monthly Greensburg Report, and finance reports for Board of Directors.
- Review and pay all bills and vouchers ensuring accuracy.
- Verify reconciliation of bank statements ensuring proper balances in operating accounts.
- Maintain files in an accurate and organized manner in accordance with SVdP / IRS rules and procedures.
- Prepare and make bank deposits, as appropriate.
- Order supplies for daily campus support per approved purchase request.
- Enter information into Charity Tracker database and develop reports as requested.
- Verify payroll sheets, accurately enter hours, and pay liabilities at the end of each payroll period.
- File monthly and quarterly federal, state, and local taxing authority reports in a timely manner.
- Work to streamline operations, identifying improvements and potential cost savings.
Duties: Coordinating Staff
- Assign, monitor and verify accuracy of work of staff.
- Provide training and feedback on performance of staff.
- Prepare annual appraisal of staff for Director of Operations review and approval.
- Cross-train staff to support all functions within the Bookkeeping Office.
- Arrange for office coverage, when necessary.
- Prepare thank-you notes for donor contributions.
- Assist employees and volunteers with obtaining clearances, recording completion.
- Maintain confidentiality of all SVdP-related information and documents.
- Exemplify and uphold the mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul reflective of Vincentian spirituality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Formal training or education and previous experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Computer skills including Quicken/QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstration of ethical business practices.
- Ability to be flexible and perform as an effective, positive team member.
Time Requirement: Flexible Part-time position 15-20 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm unless otherwise approved by Director of Operations.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Uniontown Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Please place ATTN Employment in subject line or after address in mail correspondence envelop.