Position Title: Furniture Handler Assistant
Reports to: Furniture Store Coordinator, Director of Operations
Job Description: The Furniture Handler Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of receiving and processing donated merchandise including pick-up and delivery of furniture.
- Receive, process, and display donated furniture and other merchandise.
- Greet and thank furniture and other merchandise donors ensuring a pleasant donation experience.
- Relocate retail store merchandise into the appropriate sorting areas.
- Assist in packing merchandise for storage assuring boxes and bags are stacked properly
- Maintain emergency exits and fire extinguishers clear of furniture and other merchandise.
- Appropriately relocate recyclable, seasonal, and nonsalable merchandise.
- Dispose of cardboard boxes and furniture store trash.
- Maintain outside area of furniture store and trash dumpster free of debris.
- Cooperate with Furniture Store Coordinator and Furniture Handler.
- Wear uniform and appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Duties: Furniture Retrieval and Delivery
- Assist in maintaining truck in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist in preparing for retrievals and deliveries, helping to loading and unloading of furniture.
- Assist in preparing furniture for sale.
- Assist in appropriately disposing of unsalable furniture.
Duties: As needed or requested by Furniture Store Coordinator
- Clean and maintain lunch area and restrooms of furniture store.
- Sweep selling floor and dust furniture.
- Shovel snow and salt all campus sidewalks and entrances.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Lift and carry bags, boxes, and furniture weighing up to and in excess of 100 pounds.
- Understanding of proper furniture lifting and moving techniques.
- Understanding of proper use of merchandise moving equipment.
- Understanding of proper use, disposal and storage of cleaning materials.
- Ability to be flexible and perform as an effective, positive team member reflective of the SVdP mission.
Time Requirement: 15 hours per week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm unless otherwise approved by Director of Operations.
Applications: Call 724-439-9188, Extension 202 to schedule an interview and/or send message of interest with resume to email@example.com or mail to above address.
Salary Range: Competitive.
No additional benefits included.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Uniontown Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer.